Event Coordinator Job Description
Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) is a nonprofit organization focused on empowering and supporting individuals at risk or affected by kidney disease, and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. Providing innovative and life-sustaining prevention, education, and direct assistance programs in a 42-county service area, TKF is a vital community resource. TKF staff members work collaboratively as a team to ensure that inclusion and compassion for clients and the public are at the center of their work.
The Events Coordinator position is a temporary position, offered for a minimum of 90 days with longer tenure possible. After a period of 90 days, Tennessee Kidney Foundation management will evaluate and determine the length of the position extension if the position will be extended. The Events Coordinator position will work on projects as assigned, up to 40 hours per week. A timesheet to track work hours will be maintained daily and submitted to the supervisor three business days prior to the payroll dates of the 15th and last day of each month or as requested.
The Events Coordinator will serve in a support role to the CEO and Director of Development in all details of event management for the upcoming Golf Tournament (August 16) and TKF Walk (November 6) and follow-up details for the recently-held Virtual Gala, with responsibilities including:
- Planning and execution of fundraising events, including the virtual gala, golf tournament, and walk events and any other events as determined by TKF leadership, with special attention to:
- Communications with attendees and sponsors or table hosts; assistance with recruitment and follow-up.
- Facilitate invoicing process for sponsorship payments.
- Researching & requesting proposals for vendor services as needed.
- Vendor communications, including quotes, invoicing, monitoring event budgets.
- Oversee mailing process for all event invitations and collaterals, if needed.
- Manage event registration and checkout processes.
- Take lead role to manage sponsorship benefits fulfillment and ensure obligations are met.
- Serve as a key point of contact for day of event logistics.
- Coordinate with Administrative Coordinator to process event donations, pledges, and sponsorship payments and distribution of acknowledgements.
- Work with Administrative Coordinator or Director of Development to ensure event sponsor and attendee information is processed and updated in Salesforce.
- Assist with volunteer coordination and outreach.
- Assist with the development and distribution of ROI reports for all sponsors following the event.
- Assist with writing, editing, and audience segmentation for Emma email campaigns.
- Work with TKF staff on social media posts, including creation and scheduling of contentl
- Review website (WordPress) consistently to update links, event info, and donation information or provide list of needed updates to TKF staff if the candidate does not have WordPress experience.
- Assist with procurement of proposals and bids for promotional materials (t-shirts, bags, other giveaways).
- 1-3 years of event coordination experience
- Nonprofit events experience preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Attend weekly virtual staff meeting and weekly one-on-one check-in with supervisor.
- Attend relevant event committee meetings (typically monthly or twice monthly).
- Work is a hybrid model with 2 in-person days required weekly.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly rate range of $20.00-$25.00
How to Apply
Submit resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.