Dear TKF Friends,
In 2018-2019, the Tennessee Kidney Foundation achieved many remarkable milestones in program delivery, community outreach, leadership development, and revenue generation. We have an incredible, engaged team of staff, board members, volunteers, and community partners working together to help us grow as an organization and provide exceptional support for those at risk or affected by kidney disease throughout our 42-county service area. All of this work can be traced back to a plan developed in 2016 and renewed in 2019 to empower TKF to soar.
Look how far TKF has come in a few short years:
• 413% increase in program clients served monthly
• 531% increase in kidney health screenings provided annually
• 98% increase in annual revenue.
• 192% increase in annual giving and major gifts
• 770% increase in giving by Board of Directors with 100% participation.
Today, we serve an average of more than 200 individuals every month through our transportation assistance program. Thanks to you, we are providing essential access to care for life-sustaining dialysis treatments at no cost to the client by funding 100% of the costs of transportation for those who need it most. More than 62,000 trips were provided this year alone! More than 500 individuals were screened for kidney disease this year at 14 different screening locations and more than 2,500 individuals were provided education about kidney health. Together, we are helping our friends and neighbors live healthier lives.
As you might guess, we’re not finished yet.
What’s next for TKF?
• Increased focus on kidney health education for the community: meeting people where they are, in partnership with medical offices and hospitals, with important information to help prevent CKD and ESRD.
• More community kidney health screenings, plus the development of a corporate kidney health screening program where at-risk employees are empowered with tools to prevent CKD and ESRD.
• Continuation of the robust transportation assistance and emergency assistance programs that are lifelines for hundreds of individuals in our community.
This is a great time to be a part of the Tennessee Kidney Foundation, and we are all excited about what the future holds. Will you join us in that work over the next year? Together, we can achieve the TKF mission to empower and support those at risk or affected by kidney disease.
All the best,
Heather Corum Powell, CEO
Tennessee Kidney Foundation