Director of Development Job Description
Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) is a nonprofit organization focused on empowering and supporting individuals at risk or affected by kidney disease, and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. Providing innovative and life- sustaining prevention, education, and direct assistance programs in a 42-county service area, TKF is a vital community resource. TKF staff members work collaboratively as a team to ensure that inclusion and compassion for clients and the public are at the center of their work.
The Director of Development reports directly to the CEO and works collaboratively with the VP of Programs and Outreach, the Administrative Coordinator, and the Board of Directors to develop strategies for fundraising efforts including, but not limited to, annual campaigns, grants, individual donor campaigns, major gift campaigns, planned giving and special events.
The Director of Development is responsible for establishing and implementing strategies to meet short- and long-term goals for each revenue source in accordance with the TKF Strategic Plan, and serves as a staff representative on the Income Diversification, Partnerships & Outreach, and Brand Awareness committees.
- Serve as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions regarding TKF’s revenue development and diversification strategies and hold primary responsibility for meeting revenue goals.
- Establish all campaign goals and objectives to meet overall organizational revenue goals and be held accountable for meeting them.
- Build, sustain, and manage donor relationships.
- Expand the portfolio of prospects, donors, and corporate partners through prospect research,identification and cultivation of new donors, and stewardship of current donors.
- Lead the planning and execution of each special event with the support of the CEO, volunteercommittees, and TKF Staff.
- Research grant prospects, prepare grant proposals, and generate related reports incollaboration with TKF Staff.
- Provide analysis and reports on the overall performance of fundraising campaigns and eventsfor board meetings and applicable committee meetings, and as requested.Donor Relations and Cultivation
- Create, implement, manage, and assess a comprehensive donor relations plan to include donor communications, gift acknowledgements, return on investment reports, annual reports, and stewardship.
- Design and implement growth and retention strategies for existing donors and opportunities to cultivate new donor relationships.
- Supervise Administrative Coordinator position and delegate projects and assignments; AC reports directly to the CEO but also supports VP of Programs & Outreach and Director of Development
- Supervise contract Data and Events Assistant and delegate projects and assignments.
- Manage graduate student interns and maintain a pipeline of candidates in appropriate fields of study to provide support for special events, fundraising campaigns, and administrative projects.
- Provide leadership and management of special event committees, including recruitment ofmembers.Branding and Marketing
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to create and maintain a branding strategy.
- Coordinate and obtain compelling program client testimonial statements and videos.
- Manage social media and electronic communications strategy and implementation plan.
- Maintain a library of print and digital marketing materials.Other
- Attend and provide reports and updates for Executive Committee and Board Meetings.
- Serve as a staff representative on strategic committees as required.
- Prioritize and pursue professional development opportunities.
- Begin work toward a CFRE within first 12 months.Attributes of the Director of Development
- Highly motivated, strategic thinker and experienced fundraiser with a passion for connecting people with an organization’s mission and programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- High standard of professional and ethical conduct, integrity, and accountability.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years’ experience in revenue development.
- Verified track record of meeting or exceeding measurable fundraising goals.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to provide support, motivation, and direction to staff and volunteers.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with a merit-based bonus structure designed to reward success.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Generous vacation allowance, holiday schedule, and sick leave
How to Apply
- Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9, 2021.
- Work samples and writing samples are welcome, but not required.